How do you account for the inaccurate predictions and how do you and your
clients rationalize them, also what percentage of your predictions are accurate
and what % are inaccurate?

________________________________
 From: "Bhairitu noozg...@sbcglobal.net [FairfieldLife]"
<FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 6, 2014 10:18 PM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Why astrology is rubbish.

Only the ladies from the Playboy Mansion lined up for readings (each your heart
out).  I did readings just for the fun of it and mainly for people where I
worked and a few friends and relatives.  Never really wanted to hang out a
shingle.

On 08/06/2014 02:17 PM, Michael Jackson mjackso...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
wrote:

>What I get is that from the horoscopes for people I have done the predictions
>played out.
>

>you have to be cherry picking. If 100% of your astrology predictions came
>true, you would be a world famous astrologer with millions of people clamoring
>for your readings. How do you account for the inaccurate predictions and how
>do you and your clients rationalize them, also what percentage of your
>predictions are accurate and what % are inaccurate?
>

>________________________________

                                              with SallyAnn (which is
                                              what
                                              Thunderbird
                                              wants to rename him).  It
                                              was to point out that he
                                              lacks the
                                              proper credentials or
                                              scientific depth to
                                              discuss the
                                              issue
                                              properly.  He doesn't
                                              appear to know even basic
                                              astronomy.

>>>LOL. You've ignored most of what I've said anyway, but do you really think
>>>there is an issue to discuss? Read it all again, all I want to say is that
>>>your horoscope looks a bit silly if you put everything where it's supposed
>>>to be instead of where the software thinks it is. Obviously you don't think
>>>about it like that, the picture the ancients had was sweet but so inaccurate
>>>that they'd fall over backwards if they saw what reality was really like.
>>>How can it be taken seriously if you aren't taking in the extra distances
>>>due to orbits going behind the sun for instance? The only force known to be
>>>infinite in extent is gravity and it can't be that, it couldn't be that even
>>>if the Earth was the centre of the universe. It's all rubbish. It's so
>>>obvious to me it hurts. What other credentials do I need dear Bhairitu?
>>>

>>>The only thing we seem to be left with is some other force that ties us in
>>>with the movements of planets against an arbitrary background but is rubbish
>>>at making predictions even though it's all supposed to be running like
>>>clockwork. Would I believe it if I was born two hours later?
>>>
>>>What I think we have here
                                              is a division between
                                              though
                                              who fear
                                              the idea that our lives
                                              are predestined and those
                                              who
                                              celebrate
                                              it.  If astrology seems to
                                              give some clue about
                                              destiny fine.
                                              Science may also discover
                                              the patterns which rule
                                              our
                                              lives and
                                              indeed there are
                                              scientists trying to do
                                              so.
                                              Unfortunately there
                                              are a lot of people who
                                              hide behind the shield of
                                              science who know
                                              little about science.

>>>Science has dismissed astrology many times. These patterns that rule our
>>>lives should make it easy to make testable predictions but they don't seem
>>>to work. Far from hiding behind a shield I'm actually thinking of ways to
>>>show it does work, by having a chart done for instance and then thinking
>>>about it. Trouble is, one of the main predictions was wrong. So how can any
>>>of the others be right if they don't take into account the effect that a
>>>life changing event would have had. Be being extra vague? That doesn't sound
>>>like my life is being ruled by patterns that science has yet to understand.
>>>

>>>Do you get it yet?
>>>
>>I get that you can't rationally
                                    discuss the subject.
>What's irrational about anything I've said?
>

>Your replies are emotionally biased and loaded with ignorance both of
>astrology and science.
>Emotionally biased? That makes no sense but I admit I'm ignorant of how
>astrology could possibly work.
>I'm always happy to apply scientific principles to things though, I do now how
>to do that coz it's easy, you just look for the weak link and set up a
>question that falsifies the conjecture if it can't be answered.
>

>And BTW there are practitioners of heliocentric astrology.  Maybe you ought to
>test it out.
>>
>Like I said, there are experts in Bigfoot and Yeti...
>

>>What I get is that from the horoscopes for people I have done the predictions
>>played out.
>So you are the perfect astrologer? Cool.
>

>Put that in your chillum and smoke it.
>Childish.
>>

>>>On 08/06/2014 12:39
                                                  AM, TurquoiseBee

> [...]