On Mar 9, 2006, at 8:42 PM, authfriend wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > On Mar 9, 2006, at 6:38 PM, authfriend wrote:
> >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
> > > <snip>
> > >
> > > Which you obviously don't want to deal with.  Especially
> > > your oh-so-convenient forgettery with regard to your post
> > > on the checking procedure.

> > > In fact, the "simple answer" is that checking shows how
> > > the mechanics of effort are *not* used.
> > >
> > > Again: If you didn't get this, you never got what TM is.
> >
> > The bottom line in this case is simple:
> >
> > if it uses "patched placement", that is if it uses some method
> > where the mind has to be brought back to *something* (in this case
> > the mantra) in order to work,
>
> Right.  Not the case with TM except in the early stages
> of practice.
>
> Think: What is the mind "brought back" *from* in TM?

Exactly--that which needed "patched". If it didn't need "patched" (if
you didn't "need" to meditate), you'd experience the transcendent
through all states!

But if it is being brought back from the transcendent, it *is* being
patched. Oh well, subtle effort. So much talk.

> (Vaj won't respond to this, just as Barry didn't
> respond to a similar question from Lawson.)
>
> > it requires some effort. This is not
> > a big deal, it just the mechanics involved. Don't worry so much.
> >
> > Rick has also shared some wise pointers on increasing mindfulness
> > that M. suggested to prevent laxity--that too was an old post you
> > probably missed. Very wise sharing on that by Rick (I also received
> > a number of posts off list on that one where numerous people
> > shared similar experiences).
>
> Oh, yes, we know, Vaj, you remind us often about how
> you have access to all *kinds* of privileged data.

Well you heard the same thing if you were *listening*. He posted it
here.

> Some of us aren't impressed.

Well it's a two way street ya know.

> > Really if you have questions
>
> You seem to be imagining things.  I didn't ask a
> question.

Actually you asked what Mahesh said specifically at Estes Park
several times--so did your side kick.

If you wanted specifics you should ask Rick or some one who was there
(if you didn't get it on your own!).