If Guru Dev told Maharishi not to teach, why would Satyanand have
joined Maharishi, knowing full well that the whole TM movement was
against his masters wishes.   Its one thing if Maharishi disobeyed
Guru Dev, but its another thing that two disciples (MMY and
Satyanand) would disobey Guru Dev's instructions.  It doesn't make
sense to me that this could happen and therefore seems to take away
from the credibility of this idea that has been floating around that
Guru Dev told Maharishi not to teach.

 In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jyouells2000" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, gerbal88 <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB no_reply@
> > wrote:
> >
> > I guess my questions for the group as a whole are:
> >
> > 1. *Is* it important to you to believe that Maharishi
> > was/is enlightened?
> >
> > At the time, I think it made me feel really special that *I* was
so
> > special as to have found a great teacher. Personally, I think the
> > mystical aura Mahesh cultivated around himself, quite
intentionally,
> > both stroked his ego and enhances his marketability.
> >
> > 2. If so, *why*?
> >
> > As above.
> >
> > 3. What *difference* do you think that would have
> > made in his ability to teach you what you have
> > learned from him?
> >
> > That's a matter of what I know now, isn't it. I really admired
the
> > compelling structure, uniformity and graspableness of the way he
> > taught.
> >
> > ***
> >
> > With respect to what you say below, I kind of agree. It's one
thing
> > to know your stuff, it's another to let it ripen (and I am
talking
> > about this business of spiritual stuff we perceive in what
little we
> > know of Guru Dev). Without being "established" in that purity of
the
> > perfectly controlled ego, the teacher is always at great risk.
Mahesh
> > may indeed have felt he had fooled Guru Dev (oh, see how
absolutely
> > devoted I am to you! I am so wonderful.) But I suspect Guru Dev
could
> > see through the devotion or at least the appearance of the great
> > actor playing god and perceive the risky business of the ego
beneath
> > that.
> >
> > It's good to hear what Sattyanand had to say. He was there. He
> > certainly knew. If only someone could have interviewed him the
way
> > Mahesh interviewed people: picked their brains and got
everything.