Well, I don't know what the right kind of person is (or wrong), but you have great respect and dedication and intent, so sounds good to me.

I have 5 FELV cats - have lost 3 in the last 2 years, along with several non-FELV cats. Of the 5 FELV cats I have now, 2 are between 2 and 3 years old (fingers crossed), and 3 are over three years (like 5 or 6, I'll have to check). I just picked up these three within the last year, from someone who had to rehome them. All are on interferon, all doing great.

It does make one paranoid, losing them. I've lost two non-FELV fosters in the last month, plus one that someone adopted from me was euthanized (not for a good reason). IT hurts. But when you try to do what's best for them, and give them a good life, and make things better than they were, what more can you ask for. It's a great gift.

Gloria