-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gloria Lane
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 12:44 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: Please wish Patches good luck! and Lucy too!

Well, I don't know what the right kind of person is (or wrong), but
you have great respect and dedication and intent, so sounds good to me.

I have 5 FELV cats - have lost 3 in the last 2 years, along with
several non-FELV cats.  Of the 5 FELV  cats I have now, 2 are between
2 and 3 years old (fingers crossed), and 3 are over three years (like
5 or 6, I'll have to check).  I just picked up these three within the
last year, from someone who had to rehome them.  All are on
interferon, all doing great.

It does make one paranoid, losing them.  I've lost two non-FELV
fosters in the last month, plus one that someone adopted from me was
euthanized (not for a good reason). IT hurts.   But when you try to
do what's best for them, and give them a good life, and make things
better than they were, what more can you ask for.  It's a great gift.

Gloria