Yes, the internist didn't feel it was bad enough for meds, or that there
were any meds to put her on at this point.  She is asymptomatic except for
having a hole in her heart.  She has been checked for fluid build up and has
none.  My regular vet has instructed me to bring her in immediately at any
sign of panting, so I check her about every 3 minutes to see if she is
panting.

She could throw a clot at any time, but really so could any other cat...I
keep reminding myself.

 There are meds for cats with heart conditions. My Snowball was on them.
They do not necessarily save them, but I think they can extend life in some
cases, and certain drugs like lasix can make them more comfortable if they
get fluid build-up.
Michelle

In a message dated 12/26/2006 2:45:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,