On 12 Jul 2002, at 13:38, Mark D. Lew wrote:

> At 9:46 AM 07/12/02, David W. Fenton wrote:
> > [...] I also think the "display only" attribute should be one of
> >things you could override on individual expressions. I still think an
> >expression should be definable as display only, but it would be nice
> >to be able to override individual instances (and it would be nice if
> >the display of these subclassed expressions/articulations would
> >indicate that it has been altered from default settings).
>
> I must not be understanding you.  What do you mean by "display only".  It
> seems to me that that's already possible.

Well, currently the "display only" option is an attribute of the
expression definition itself. If you need (as I often do) to place
expressions that effect playback but don't print, then you have to
have one for printing and one for non-printing, even though they are
identical except for the fact that one prints and one doesn't. More
sensible to me would be to have one expression, and be able to make
any one particular instance of it in the score non-printing.

--
David W. Fenton                         |        http://www.bway.net/~dfenton
David Fenton Associates                 |        http://www.bway.net/~dfassoc