David W. Fenton wrote:

> Anyway, on to my solution:
>
> I took someone's advice to insert !!!! and @@@@ symbols in the lyrics
> via TYPE IN SCORE so that I could find them in the EDIT LYRICS
> window. What I saw was a jumble of lyrics, with parts of one word
> stuck in the middle of other words. Clearly, the order in which I'd
> entered was not exactly linear. Then I took Thomas's advice above and
> tried deleting lyrics in the EDIT LYRICS window first, and found that
> I was then missing things in the score. So, following through with
> Thomas's advice, I then deleted the lyrics that remained in the
> score. This caused a mess with the rest of the lyrics of the piece

Aha - I thought I was giving good advice - I guess I should have included
one more fact:

you can't just partially delete lyrics from the Edit window and hope the
rest of your piece stays intact - everything is linked with each
other....but I guess you found that out in the meantime.
If you wanted to keep part of your score as is, then the best way is to
delete the lyrics with Mass Mover from the infected section, then use a new
verse number, or type the text at the end!!!!!! of this verse and click
assign it... (if you intend to edit the lyrics in the Edit window, then you
better use a new verse number, so you can find them more easily).

Thomas Schaller