On Monday, Sep 23, 2002, at 12:03 US/Pacific, David W. Fenton wrote:

>> Not natively on Macintosh.

>> Home, End, PageUp, and PageDown are DOCUMENT VIEWING keys which do
>> not alter the selection or insertion point unless implemented
>> otherwise by the application developer.

> Whatever the case is on the Mac, and I would argue that using the
> cursor movement keys in this fashion is WRONG, I'm not using the Mac
> version, so the keyboard should work the way other Windows programs
> work.

Those keys are not inherently "cursor movement keys" on the Mac. I have
explained our conventions elsewhere. However I would agree that
applications should support OS specific conventions. Especially in the
area of keystrokes because folks naturally want to settle into a
consistent way of doing things (efficient or not).

Philip Aker
http://www.aker.ca