At 3:27 PM -0500 11/02/02, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I found out that when you anchor the chords to a note in a given staff, it
uses the SAME INSTRUMENT for the accompaniment. So the only way to accompany
a flute passage with piano chords (for example) is to have a separate staff
with piano, and anchor the chords to that. Kind of clumsy, but that's the way
they chose to do it.

As far as I can tell, there is no way to have the accompaniment from a
different instrument, except the method given above.

Yours; Tammy

Tammy,

You are mistaken, there is a way.

In Instrument List, open up the triangle beside your flute staff. Change the Instrument name beside "Chords"to something other than flute ("New Instrument" if necessary). Set it to its own channel, if it hasn't changed already automatically. Done.

Christopher