On Saturday, Nov 2, 2002, at 12:27 US/Pacific, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I found out that when you anchor the chords to a note in a given staff, it uses the SAME INSTRUMENT for the accompaniment. So the only way to accompany a flute passage with piano chords (for example) is to have a separate staff with piano, and anchor the chords to that. Kind of clumsy, but that's the way
they chose to do it.
Nope. It depends on how one has their score setup in the Staff<->Instrument sense.

As far as I can tell, there is no way to have the accompaniment from a different instrument, except the method given above.
Setup as many instruments as you need. Then assign them to the various staves in the score as per requirements. Then assign the Chord layer to whatever. Use the Playback Utilities plugin to accomplish this last step easily.

I noticed your other posts on this topic as well. It would seem that you'll have to do a little RTFMing to get a better understanding of what is going on in the Instrument list and how to use it successfully. Then the various comments made will become clear (I hope).

Regards,

Philip Aker
http://www.aker.ca