On 2002/11/30 05:03 PM or thereabouts, David W. Fenton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
intoned:

> On 30 Nov 2002 at 15:58, David H. Bailey wrote:
>
>> They always offer an "act before such-and-such-a-date and pay only $xx
>> for your upgrade.  After that date it will by $yy."  So the initial
>> offering of the next upgrade may well still be $140 for non-sequential
>> upgrading.  I seem to recall that the initial upgrade price for 2003 was
>> $79, as had been the upgrade for 2002.  Of course my memory is growing
>> dimmer by the day, so I may not be remembering correctly.
>
> I was told when I upgraded that, basically the "act before" stuff is
> basically for the special offers -- the coffee cup, the t-shirt, the
> videotape -- and the actual price never changes.

That's actually not true at all.  While the early-bird upgrade discount for
Fin2003 was extended several times (which suggests that it hasn't been
selling very well), it has now definitely expired and the "small upgrade"
price for 2002 users is now $109.95.  And in the past, the early-bird
discounts tended to expire even earlier.  This has been the case for several
years now -- I can't even remember a time where the early bird discount
*didn't* expire.

- Darcy

------
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Boston, MA

"You know, they say people get the government they deserve, but I don't
recall knife-raping any retarded nuns."

                                    - Jared Andruss, Shipping Clerk