On 5 Jun 2003 at 13:46, Brad Beyenhof wrote:

> This is precisely why, since the upgrade to 2001, I have gone for it right
> as soon as the upgrade is available.  I haven't kept track of specifics, but
> I believe that upgrading one version at a time under the introductory price
> has saved me money in the long run (or at least not cost me anything
> substantial) as compared to skipping versions and/or waiting until the price
> goes up.

It depends on how many upgrades you skip.

I got on board with WinFin2.0.1, then 3.52, then '97 and then 2K3. I
spent $249 fo the first, and $149 (or something like that) for each
other upgrades. Total investment: $700. Had I purchased every upgrade
for $99, I would have paid over $1,000.

Each time I waited until a major number of new features had
accumulated to make the upgrade worthwhile, and I've never once been
disappointed -- each move was a real joy to behold, including the
last one. And this approach makes it easier to skip bad versions like
'98 (copy protection) and 2K2 (buggy; or was it 2K1?).