At 10:12 AM -0700 6/07/03, Earl Price wrote:
--- Christopher BJ Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

 If Coda could supply more usable default files to
 start with, this
 would ease things in the school market considerably.
 For example,
 almost everything in Sibelius plays back out
 correctly of the box. To
 set up Finale so that everything plays back in the
 same way is a
 week's work. (notably, some things that don't play
 back correctly in
 Sibelius are bari sax, tenor sax, and any
 octave-transposing
 instrument.)

Speaking of playback, I wish that Coda would fix playback of transposing instruments during Simple note entry. Currently what we hear is playback of the pitch entered as if it were concert pitch. This is annoying when working in transposed scores, which is the way I always work.

Lon

??? That's odd, why would you want to hear a note that's NOT the sounding pitch? Particularly if you are hearing back a sampled instrument, this way you get to hear the timbre that the instrument is actually playing. I can't imagine playing in a baritone sax's high D and hearing not an F above middle C, but a strained sample of an actual concert high D on a bari sample!