At 2:54 PM -0400 10/19/03, David H. Bailey wrote:
But Naked isn't a past-participle the way displeased is.

Naked isn't a verb at all.

Sure it is. I nake, you nake, he nakes, they nake, we nake, I have naked, she will nake, I might have naked if everyone else hadn't flaked. (big grin)

Sorry I mis-spake. But it sounds SO much like a past participle, too! As in, "I was naked in the sun, then I fell asleep and even though I was caked with sunscreen, I was baked." All in favour of making "to nake" a verb, raise your hands! With a majority vote, it will be so maked!

Seriously, though, he wasn't asking specifically about verbs, he was asking how the -ed ending was pronounced.