Sibelius IS easier to use right out of the box. And that's about how far it goes. For a large number of users, that's all that's needed.

I agree with you that Finale is definitely on the fasttrack to becoming the WordPerfect of notation packages. Let's just hope that some adventurous company like Novell (even though they didn't do anything to enhance WordPerfect's reputation) is willing to invest to keep it alive until a Corel can come along and try to resurrect it.

OR, let's just hope that the large numbers of serious Finale users who do investigate Sibelius come back.

Sibelius is bragging these days that even hard-core Finale corporations such as Hal Leonard are switching to Sibelius because of its on-line publishing capabilities and the Scorch plug-in for browsers.

Let's hope Finale has some creative thinking going on in the marketing and development departments to start to reclaim a market that should be theirs without a question.