I don't think we can read very much into the lack of posts from Coda staff on this
list. I believe Randy Stokes quit monitoring the list years ago. And I can attest that
Allen has been very busy lately: probably too busy to post. (Heck, the holidays always
suppress list activity--as one might expect.) At any rate, I have reason to think both
are still very much with us.

I am as frustrated as anyone over the Fin04 delay. Heck, I'm *more* frustrated because
I use Finale in OS9 so won't be able to use the new features till who-knows-when. But
I believe Fin04 for Mac will come, and it will come soon. Furthermore, I don't
attribute its delay to any dire condition of the company.

Ultimately, beating up on MakeMusic at this point serves little purpose. Obviously,
decisions were taken that caused delays. I happen to think the benefits of these
decisions at least partially offset the frustration of the delays. In any case,
Makemusic now are clearly committed to getting the OSX version out as soon as humanly
possible. For the moment, I don't see what else we can ask of them.

--
Robert Patterson

http://www.robertgpatterson.com