---------- Original Message -------------
Subject: Re: [Finale] comparing finale/sibelius
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 14:37:01 +0200
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Kari_K=E4=E4ri=E4inen?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"William Roberts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Can't we all just get on with using our programs of choice and stop
> sniping at everybody else?  What, exactly, is the point?!

For me the point is that in my job as a computing support person I
need to help people choose tools that they will be using for a big
part of their lives, perhaps 10 or more years.

If it is so that Sibelius is more suitable than Finale for some types
of personalities (=less computer-detail oriented perhaps) and some
type of work, then it is my duty to consider recommending Sibelius
for them.

Another reason for finding solid arguments is that our school,
Sibelius Academy, is biased towards Sibelius because of the name.
Sibelius is our national composer and he did attend this school.
There are statues and pictures of him everywhere etc. So sadly
Sibelius probably gets chosen by many for reasons not so objective.

Kari

David H. Bailey