On 09.02.2004 13:28 Uhr, David H. Bailey wrote

> Scanning, for instance -- Yes, it is possible to scan a perfectly
> printed version of Mary Had a Little Lamb (as melody only) into Finale,
> using its built-in scanning capability.  However for any serious
> scanning of, say, a complex piano score for arranging as a chamber work,
> it won't work at all.  That seems to be an out and out lie, when they
> advertised that we could scan in music and work with it in Finale.  Coda
> knows that most users who use Finale are not working on Mary Had a
> Little Lamb.

Actually, not that I totally disagree, however, scanning has improved _a
lot_ in 2k4. You can actually make use of it with rather little extra work,
as long as the source is clean and clear.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de