Hi Aaron,

We may be talking about different things here, but when I enter an eighth note tuplet, with the first note a rest, and do not edit it, I have a reasonable centered number (vertically & horizontally) relative to the bracket. Now I have to admit, under magnification, the center "tine" of the 3 does seem a hair under the horizontal bracket lines, and there doesn't seem to be a setting to adjust this, but I don't consider this much of a liability considering the positive things in the Enhanced tuplet feature. Like Sam Johnson's flying Dog, I can't complain much that it didn't stay up all that long.

Dan Carno

At 10:25 AM 8/21/2004, you wrote:

At 10:05 AM 08/21/2004, Dan Carno wrote:
>Am I missing something here?  Enhanced tuplets work OK, unless you edit one
>by dragging one of the notes (or changing one into a chord), in which case
>you will have to edit the number position.

It's not just a matter of dragging or changing. If you create a tuplet where the first note is a rest, the vertical position of the number seems to be determined independently of the position of the bracket. My original post involved dragging because that's an easy way to watch the number move apart from the bracket, but the spacing problem is there even if you just create the tuplet directly.

Aaron.

Daniel Carno
Music Engraving Services
Quality work in Sibelius, Finale, and Score
4514 Makyes Road
Syracuse, New York 13215
(315) 492-2987