David, most of the time I would be in agreement with the position you define when you wrote:

As for your comments on the tech-personnel's position in the heirarchy at MakeMusic, as the ONLY interface for the end user after we give our credit card number to consummate the sale, it is terrible organization if the tech support personnel don't have inside knowledge to all that is going on in the development chain.

To have one's interface with one's customers not be able to give knowledgeable answers should be unthinkable. What kind of support can they really give, other than rote recitation of what's printed in their notebooks? That's probably why most of us ask questions here before contacting tech support!

I'm willing to cut MakeMusic! extra slack this week because I assume that shipping the new product for both FIN and MAC has displaced normal routine for people in Tech support, and the members of the design team, and in two weeks or a month, I will also look for a more thorough answer, though my different view of what exactly the problem is still allows the remote possibility of the answer "that's becasue of vendor supplied code over which we have no direct control" at that time.

As far as Tech support being able to give knowledgeable answers, well, in order to give it, they first have to have it to give, and I'm not sure the answer to this issue has been worked out yet, beyond, "it's a known issue, we're working on it, and if possible we'll get it fixed as soon as possible". Again, not necessarily the answer I want, and not the answer I'm going to accept long term, but for me, I'm willing to buy it as the answer in the short term.

And for what it's worth, Tech support is not the only interface for the end user personnel. As a public company, the names of the corporate officers are matters of public record, and a bit of research on the website can get a name from which one can extract an email address, and interface with them, if need be. I haven't the need at this point.

ns