Noel Stoutenburg wrote:

[snip]

Further, thinking back on my own experiences, there have meen more times than I want to admit to when some problem occurred, and looking back, I cannot come up with a single good reason for not seeing the problem developing. I'm in no position to do anything but accept that there might be such issues for other people, and this might be one of those..

Fair enough -- I hadn't thought of that possibility, and it may have accrued through fixing other problems at the last minute, totally unrelated.

I can accept that.

As for your comments on the tech-personnel's position in the heirarchy at MakeMusic, as the ONLY interface for the end user after we give our credit card number to consummate the sale, it is terrible organization if the tech support personnel don't have inside knowledge to all that is going on in the development chain.

To have one's interface with one's customers not be able to give knowledgeable answers should be unthinkable. What kind of support can they really give, other than rote recitation of what's printed in their notebooks? That's probably why most of us ask questions here before contacting tech support!

--
David H. Bailey