Darcy James Argue / 2005/06/10 / 02:41 PM wrote:

>Also, remember that because the samples are RAM-based, GPO studio could
>easily be sitting on 1 GB or more of physical memory, potentially
>increased memory swapping in other apps.

Hmm,
With his 3.5GB RAM..
Even legacy app usually utilize at least 2GB without swap, tho.  Also he
mentioned cpu tax was listed under GPO.  Something else is going on.
One possibility is something got in a loop, which can be found by
running Proc Sample from Activity Monitor, while the output file is
usually hard to read unless you are the developer, you can still send it
to the developer.

Another question is does GPO gives the list of the size of each sample?

I remember about streaming you mentioned a while ago.  My memory is not
good.  I used to play in a  jazz combo, all black one Japanese, kinda
weird looking group wants me to memorize everything.  I said I can't
remember anything, but this is why I am always happy since I don't
remember anything bad happened to me.  Life is much better this way alto
I don't remember anything good, too.  They laughed and let me put music
on the floor :-)

I can't wait to get hands on my copy of GPO.

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>