On 10 Jun 2005, at 2:33 PM, A-NO-NE Music wrote:

While I am waiting for my GPO, this doesn't make sense to me.  The
nature of sample playback engy is that it should not tax cpu at all when
not playing.

In an ideal world, yes, but obviously this isn't happening for Chuck.

Also, remember that because the samples are RAM-based, GPO studio could easily be sitting on 1 GB or more of physical memory, potentially increased memory swapping in other apps.

By the way, if GPO is nothing to do with playback engine as you said, I
wonder why it doesn't offer streaming

In my post, I explained that Native Instruments build a _custom version_ of Kontakt Player that is designed specifically for GPO. But Garritan doesn't make that software -- NI does.

Also, GPO Studio does offer Direct-From-Disk streaming (as an optional install) -- they just don't recommend using it, because playback is much more processor-intensive that way. Chuck has plenty of RAM so there's no need to use DFD.

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY