Mark D Lew wrote:

Most (but not all) of Indiana used to behave like that as well, but, as David notes, last year the state legislature voted to abandon that plan and go back to observing DST. The state is now once again split between Central and Eastern time zones, with each part observing DST.

Remember, Indiana is a state that once tried for simplicity's sake to legislate that Pi=Three.
(That's 3 with no other decimals!)

I spent my graduate years at Indiana University and loved the place, but the state sure does have some funny quirks.

-Randolph Peters
(now in Manitoba where it is 40 below, Fahrenheit or Celsius, take your pick)