David W. Fenton wrote:
On 26 Mar 2008 at 8:18, Chuck Israels wrote:

Joe Schwantner writes gorgeous music that I find difficult to read (my limitation - not the notation's) because he makes a point of choosing small note values;

It seems to me that this statement of yours show that you agree with my point.

Remember, I wasn't claiming that two meters *can't* be played identically, just that they likely will *not* be if there is a clear stylistic convention if which the piece is a part.

Now you've added that final condition, which you hadn't made before. I agree with you on this point, given a clear stylistic convention.

But previously you were making blanket statements and then getting upset when we disagreed with your blanket statements.

With that condition, I agree with you.

--
David H. Bailey