On Wednesday, May 25, 2011 at 12:29 PM, David W. Fenton wrote:
It can if you have the same hardware, as you do with Macs.

> But because Windows PCs are not a closed and proprietary system,
> that's simply not the case -- you can't do it except if the machines
> are very close siblings (as are most Macs).

Not the same hardware. It works for any Mac. The 10.6 system I have on my 2006
iMac I can take the drive home and boot my 2008 MacPro off of. Same for
laptops. Or MacMini's. Though it won't work if say that computer isn't
supported by the system, like the G4 MacMini have won't boot into 10.6 which
dropped G4/G5 support. I think 10.7 is going to not work on my 2006 iMac due to
the video card.....if the rumors I hear are true.