I don't think it's fair to call the Steinberg product "vaporware." Steinberg is
an established software company that has hired an established development team
(almost the entire Sibelius staff) headed by one of the most respected people
in the industry, Daniel Spreadbury. So far, they've refrained from making
outlandish claims or hyping specific features. The development diaries have
been down-to-earth, process-oriented, and realistic about the challenges they
face. They've released their music font, Bravura, which is quite nice.
<http://blog.steinberg.net/2013/05/introducing-bravura-music-font>.

To qualify as "vaporware," a product typically has to make and then break
promises (usually release dates), or make hyped-up promises it can't possibly
keep. I don't see any indication so far that that's the case here.

Cheers,

- DJA
-----
WEB: http://www.secretsocietymusic.org