Don't laugh to hard but I still fire up as far back as 3.5.2 as of today. A lot
has changed but a lot is still the same (shape designer, chord suffix dbx,
etc..). Finale really needs to OWN these and other very important developments
by improving them with continued development. They have done very little with
past developments over 20 years to improve them. Their problem has always been
to introduce a feature and leave it half done to never revisit unless the user
base floods their database with requests leaving those of us who really need
the help, out in the dust even when they KNOW it needs to be finished (linked
parts with hairpins).

They really need to change their model of software development.

BTW: I "fire up" regularly 3.5.2, 97b, 2001, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2011,
2012. I know the pitfalls and achievements with all these versions and the one
thing that stands out most of all is the increased lack of care with fonts. It
has gotten so much worse since we moved to OSX and I don't blame the OS.

Steve