I'm not going to defend MuseScore because I am not that familiar with it. I
am merely a bystander watching it gradually may inroads.

But I am but surprised at the dismissive implications of calling Fin and
Sib "20-year-old products". Finale 2012 is 2 years old. It would be
laughable to compare it with version from 20 years ago, which I believe was
still (Mac) 2.6.x. For a laugh, see if you can fire up a 20-yr-old version
of Finale. (On Win it might even work.) Then you may have a better
appreciation for just how much innovation has happened in the past 20 years.