Michael Good poked his head into our mailing list early last month, but
there's no clue if he heard the responses, so I have copied him on this
email. I would love to have a bug-fix release, and would pay for it.
Several people have requests for new features, but a lot of traffic on this
list concerns bugs. A number of users are using previous Finale versions due
to various issues.

Quote from Michael's email of 7/30:
"As a general rule, I will never be able to offer dates or estimates for
future features, bug fixes, releases, or downloads.
What I can do is acknowledge the issue and work with my colleagues to create
ever better products in the future."

I, for one, don't need a better product - I just want the one I have to work
as it should. I would love to hear that someone in  MakeMusic takes our
concerns with bug-fixes seriously.

Here's a repost of my earlier email (a number of bug-fixes were requested in
response to this email):

Here's a few of my bugs, and a few wishes as well:

Chords become unchecked in the filter.
Articulation macro doesn't always work.
Selection tool is buggy. Shift-click doesn't always encompass selection.
In Speedy entry, can't always select the last note in the frame.
Spacebar-click doesn't always start playback. Finale must be restarted to
enable playback.
In JazzFont, the augmentation dot on a dotted-eighth rest is spaced too far
to the right.
Finale 2014 shuts down for no apparent reason.
Finale 2014 shuts down randomly when I use Transcribe! software.
There are a few Jazzfont characters which need reworking (eg, the Z looks
like a 2).
(I contacted Customer Support re: the shutdown issues, but nothing they
suggested worked.) Aria loading is painfully slow.

Not a bug, but. . .
Edit toolbar should be available (Save, Do/Undo, Print, etc). I REALLY miss
this!
"Open most recent document" should be an option for startup action.
It would be nice to have user-defined text inserts.
Adjust Jazzfont Chord Symbols to conform with Roemer-Brandt styling.

There are others who more serious issues than mine - I hope you all will
chime in!

I love the linked parts - that's been my favorite upgrade feature of recent
releases.