I think this list is being entirely too pessimistic about prospects for
future Finale releases. I should let someone like Michael Good speak for
himself (or for Peaksware) but I believe some key developers from Finale
are making the move. That hardly seems like they are abandoning Finale.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: don't even begin to count on the
Steinberg release until there is an announced release date and feature set.
Bringing software to market faces many challenges that have nothing to do
with the quality of the tech team developing it. One the Steinberg product
faces is that it pretty much has to address every use case of Finale and
Sibelius that those two have evolved over twenty years. Yes, it will
potentially do some new innovative thing incredibly well, but v1.0 will
almost certainly fail at some other critical tasks that Fin/Sib handle with
aplomb, and that failure could be the deal breaker that kills the product.
(This is an oft-repeated tale in this industry.)

I agree with the comments about MuseScore. I also think you will see
MuseScore progressively steal away higher and higher level users over time.
MuseScore is a rapidly moving target with a major upgrade imminent.