Maybe those comparisons of cars and Tvs were a bit over the top - although I'd
like to know what your reasons are - you don't give any.

About Adobe and other patches, from Apple and MS Operating systems, I've been
using Macs for almost two decades and I can't think of a single update that has
done anything other than IMPROVE functionality and increase security. But I
know from reading the list of new features when I update that there are indeed
some bug fixes, though they have always seemed completely obscure to me. Their
updates have only, typically, improved performance and security.

Nobody addressed Mathematica, which is probably the most comparative software.
I have a transcription/composition/engraving client, a major client, who just
does not understand bugs at all and you should try explaining to someone that
you purchased an expensive product that has things that don't work - he comes
from the rest of the marketplace, like cars, Tvs, heating systems, whatever,
where if you sold a new product that had issues, you would just take it back -
because it was obviously broken and no professional product wouldn't work 100%.
He doesn't get it at all. It makes it really embarrassing to apologize and try
explain "this doesn't work properly, it's normal it's broken" And it's really
made me question why software is any different. You can't say the sophisticated
engineering that goes into manufacturing an entire car isn't potentially as
detailed as a software app - considering there is a lot of software right there
in car, for example?

Best,
Dean

--