Hi folks,
im not sure if this is the right place to ask, but...
I've been working on a game for a while in AS 1 and well basically, I took the opposite approach of what I have to do in my work: act before I think ;). So since it was both a learning experience for me in Flash (first real game project), game programming, etc im kinda hitting the boundaries. The core is pretty much OO but there are some timeline and other architecural issues going on that will become bigger hurdles if I continue it.

So having been to Spark Europe, one of my biggest questions is, would this be a project for Flash 8/AS2 or more of a Flex2/AS3 kind of thing?
What would be the better way to approach this?

The idea is that I'm gonna rethink this game, create functional designs, technical designs, do lots of research and make this my nr 1 pet project ;). (The source for the current game will be released soon as well by the way for those of u that would like to take a look at it). All in all I'm probably gonna invest a lot of time in this, and it would be nice if I could bet on the right horse ;).

If anyone would like to share their opinion with me concerning the better way to tackle this: Flash8/as2 or Flex2/as3, it would be very nice.

If you are interested in the source fla, and/or the new site/forums that will be built around the redesigned new version, let me know off list, I'll notify you when the time comes ;). The redesigned version will probably include lots of research to how and whether I can include existing libraries, instead of doing everything from scratch, and functionality wise the current version has implemented about 5% of my ideas, so there is still a long way to go.

The game can be found here:
1. goto www.screatoris.net
2. click games
3. click bounce

Note: this is not a request for your opinion about the game itself, although you are of course entitled to have one ;). The game is nowhere near finished, most of the graphics are stubs and the usability is still below standards. That said, I hope u all can offer me a wealth of wisdom :).

greetz
Hans

ps if there is another list u know that would be better suited to my questions please let me know, last time i checked the gamedev list was down and ive lost the link...