Hmmm - wonder if the DDS is oscillating where it should be?  If you turn
off spur reduction, the DDS should be oscillating 11025 khz below the
frequency of interest.  You should be able to hear the DDS on another HF
radio if you put its antenna (just some wire should do) near the SDR
1000.   Would be interesting to see if you hear the oscillator where you
can receive an AM station and don't hear it where you cannot.  That would
say something's frotzed with the DDS or more likely its control.

If the DDS seems to be oscillating where it should be then I'm stumped ...
maybe a relay issue with the wrong filter being selected, but I'd be
surprised if they'd manage to block a BCB station to the extent where you
did not hear it at all.

Other thing to check would be to open the box and make sure all of the
cards are well seated and firmly plugged together ... perhaps the journey
from Dayton has loosened up some of the connections and made the DDS
control somewhat intermittent.

Hope some of this helps.

Cheers,

Bill  (kd5tfd)