Something isn't right.  I listen to 660 AM and 1010 AM and other NYC
stations a lot and I never have a problem.  Now the filters in front of
the QSD are <not> optimized for these LF and MF frequencies.  If you
intend on using this regularly as an AM broadcast radio,  I would
suggest you design a LPF that cuts off as low as you can stand to design
(or buy).  Strong signals on (say) 4.5 MHz will mix down into the
passband at 1500 kHz.  A strong broadcast station at  1600 kHz will be
audible at 533 kHz, etc.

Bob