Quoting Jerry Flanders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on Fri 25 Apr 2008
11:30:57 AM PDT:

> I am beginning to wonder if CW in the production software is broken
> and only we in the field notice it. Or perhaps the production version
> does not presently include features of the version used by Bob above?

here's a simple test which someone with a F5K could run

If you have a marker generator or calibrator, turn it on with an
antenna hooked up so that it's coupled into the receiver.

Tune the F5K to, say, 50 Hz away and set up for QSK.

Record the audio output when you're sending dits with a keyer. Make
sure that the length of dit and the "inter-dit" gap are different (so
that you can know which is which in the recorded signal)

you should see the marker come and go in between the keying from the
Tx.  It can be distinguished from the transmit signal or monitor
sidetone because it's at a different frequency. (it will also almost
certainly be at a different level, too.. and in any case, you could
adjust the marker output level or coupling)

Note that on the SDR1K, this is a bit trickier.. the software runs
full duplex (theoretically), but the QSD and QSE are run alternately,
controlled by a Tx/Rx bit from the PC.