Quoting Jerry Flanders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on Fri 25 Apr 2008
02:04:13 PM PDT:

> At 03:35 PM 4/25/2008, Jim Lux wrote:
>> Quoting Jerry Flanders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on Fri 25 Apr 2008
>> 11:30:57 AM PDT:
>>

>>> I am beginning to wonder if CW in the production software is broken
>>> and only we in the field notice it. Or perhaps the production version
>>> does not presently include features of the version used by Bob above?
>>

>> here's a simple test which someone with a F5K could run
>>
>> If you have a marker generator or calibrator, turn it on with <snip>
>
> Hi Jim
>
> Actually, it is pretty easy to test by ear, and you don't need any
> special equipment - Q

Sure.. but what I was suggesting is a way of getting quantitative
data, particularly for things like jitter in the gating (i.e. is the
transition time not consistent).  Then, one could test against things
like "other stuff running" or "windows operating mode", etc., and have
some numerical basis for comparison.