At 03:35 PM 4/25/2008, Jim Lux wrote:
>Quoting Jerry Flanders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on Fri 25 Apr 2008
>11:30:57 AM PDT:
>

>>I am beginning to wonder if CW in the production software is broken
>>and only we in the field notice it. Or perhaps the production version
>>does not presently include features of the version used by Bob above?
>

>here's a simple test which someone with a F5K could run
>
>If you have a marker generator or calibrator, turn it on with <snip>

Hi Jim

Actually, it is pretty easy to test by ear, and you don't need any
special equipment - QSK is the ability to actually hear activity on
the band between dits at a reasonable speed. Simply set the CW speed
to, for example, 35 WPM, key a string of dits and listen for band
activity between the dits. This is the true test of a QSk radio - no
test generators required. The ICOM 756PRO3 passes this test, as does
the Elecraft K3 and many other modern radios.

Jerry W4UK