Hi Jim,

Good to hear from you!

Okay let's test the breakin at 40 words per minute at 5 characters/word
and 3 symbols/character that's about 100 msec of total processing time
per symbol.  That seems pretty reasonable.  At 40 WPM  a total time
budget of:

10 msec T to R
20 msec buffer processing
50 msec DSP chain
 5 msec audio buffer fill & xfer
 5 msec d/a conversion (very generous I'd think)
10 msec air to ear

seems reasonable.

So let's see 3x10^9 clock cycles/second X 50 msecs = 1.5x10^8 clocks per
symbol for processing...  hmmm...  I'll bet our flex programmers do it.

With at least a 3.0 Ghz machine, I'd say careful testing will show the 5K
can do inter symbol breakin at 40WPM.  Certainly with a 2.5 Ghz Core
Duo...

very best
Rob
AB7CF