Yesterday was a personally frustrating day in that three of my good
students (all who have gotten their licenses, one who upgraded to
general even) are moving and will not be returning to our school in
the fall. That puts a dent in my science/robotics/ham-radio program at
my school. Finding yet another roadblock in the day, i.e. not being
able to use the shack computer for the Flex5000, was just over-the-
top. So I seriously posted my question about getting things running on
the Mac and humorously (well maybe not-so-humorously) commented about
the Flex5000 being an inert lump. Sorry.

I made everything run last night. I took a server box that is slated
to be a file server running Solaris and temporarily loaded Windows XP
on it in order to get the Flex5000 running. I wanted to run it in
plain-vanilla, out-of-the-box mode first before I start making changes
to the software environment. Nothing is more annoying than to not know
which of your changes caused the system to stop working.

Oh man, the 5000 is a truly awe inspiring radio!

And I still want to make it work natively with MacOS.

-

73 de Brian, WB6RQN
Brian Lloyd - brian HYPHEN wb6rqn AT lloyd DOT com