Brian,

PowerSDR will not run natively on the MAC OS,  and I don't think that
due to the heavy MS dependence,  will it until the New Console is ready
for beta testing, projected first half of next year.   Which according
to Frank will be not be dependent on the same MS tools,  and .NET1.1
requirement...

But there are some folks that have made their own Java interfaces and
run the DSP (DttSP)  on the Mac OS.    Check out the Yahoo reflector
group - dttsp-Linux   .   Also check out http:\\www.hamSDR.com   (when
it comes back up)   They can help you recompile he DSP software, and
maybe someone will allow you to use their Java based interface to run on
the Mac..  Just a thought.

Dudley

WA5QPZ

Brian Lloyd wrote:
> Yesterday was a personally frustrating day in that three of my good
> students (all who have gotten their licenses, one who upgraded to
> general even) are moving and will not be returning to our school in
> the fall. That puts a dent in my science/robotics/ham-radio program at
> my school. Finding yet another roadblock in the day, i.e. not being
> able to use the shack computer for the Flex5000, was just over-the-
> top. So I seriously posted my question about getting things running on
> the Mac and humorously (well maybe not-so-humorously) commented about
> the Flex5000 being an inert lump. Sorry.
>
> I made everything run last night. I took a server box that is slated
> to be a file server running Solaris and temporarily loaded Windows XP
> on it in order to get the Flex5000 running. I wanted to run it in
> plain-vanilla, out-of-the-box mode first before I start making changes
> to the software environment. Nothing is more annoying than to not know
> which of your changes caused the system to stop working.
>
> Oh man, the 5000 is a truly awe inspiring radio!
>
> And I still want to make it work natively with MacOS.
>
> -
>
> 73 de Brian, WB6RQN
> Brian Lloyd - brian HYPHEN wb6rqn AT lloyd DOT com

> 6:43 AM

AM