Understand..   But won't happen unless you use BootCamp and dual boot
the Mac..   I bought a Quad core Dell, new on Ebay with Visa and 4 year
warranty for $393..   Drop $100 for the OS,  that is only $293 or so for
the HW,  just about give away..

The reason PowerSDR is so tight with .NET,  it was a migration path that
was the easiest from Visual Basic..   Linux was not to the current
state,  and Java had not proven itself either as being able to run a
realtime device..  Also the sound card manufacturers at the time would
only support Windows (SDR-1000 required an external Sound card) ,  none
of the other popular OS could support all that Windows could and still
does at this time..   Still 90% of the world's PCs are running Windows
of some version..   Apple is still trying to catch up,  but afraid that
Linux will overtake Apple in the % of OS running..

Maybe in the near future, we will be able to run Linux or XXX OS from a
memory stick plugged into the rear,  who knows...

73,
Dudley

Brian Lloyd wrote:

> On Jul 16, 2008, at 2:08 PM, Dudley Hurry wrote:
>
>> Brian,
>>
>> PowerSDR will not run natively on the MAC OS,  and I don't think that
>> due to the heavy MS dependence,  will it until the New Console is
>> ready for beta testing, projected first half of next year.   Which
>> according to Frank will be not be dependent on the same MS tools,
>> and .NET1.1 requirement...
>
> Yeah, the dependency on the .NET framework crap shocked me.
>
>> But there are some folks that have made their own Java interfaces and
>> run the DSP (DttSP)  on the Mac OS.    Check out the Yahoo reflector
>> group - dttsp-Linux   .   Also check out http:\\www.hamSDR.com
>> (when it comes back up)   They can help you recompile he DSP
>> software, and maybe someone will allow you to use their Java based
>> interface to run on the Mac..  Just a thought.
>
> It is where I am planning to go but I wanted to make it work with
> PowerSDR first to ensure there were no problems. I was hoping to do it
> on the Mac so that even the Mac<>Flex firewire connection would have
> been tested.
>
> --
>
> 73 de Brian, WB6RQN
> Brian Lloyd - brian HYPHEN wb6rqn AT lloyd DOT com

> 270.5.0/1555 - Release Date: 7/16/2008 6:43 AM

Dudley

WA5QPZ

AM