On Jul 16, 2008, at 2:08 PM, Dudley Hurry wrote:

> Brian,
>
> PowerSDR will not run natively on the MAC OS,  and I don't think
> that due to the heavy MS dependence,  will it until the New Console
> is ready for beta testing, projected first half of next year.
> Which according to Frank will be not be dependent on the same MS
> tools,  and .NET1.1 requirement...

Yeah, the dependency on the .NET framework crap shocked me.

> But there are some folks that have made their own Java interfaces
> and run the DSP (DttSP)  on the Mac OS.    Check out the Yahoo
> reflector group - dttsp-Linux   .   Also check out http:\\www.hamSDR.com
>    (when it comes back up)   They can help you recompile he DSP
> software, and maybe someone will allow you to use their Java based
> interface to run on the Mac..  Just a thought.

It is where I am planning to go but I wanted to make it work with
PowerSDR first to ensure there were no problems. I was hoping to do it
on the Mac so that even the Mac<>Flex firewire connection would have
been tested.

--

73 de Brian, WB6RQN
Brian Lloyd - brian HYPHEN wb6rqn AT lloyd DOT com