Splitting the discussions is a great idea.

I suggest that the Experimental Group be defined to include *any*
unreleased and/or unsupported software or hardware - not just the
SVN-managed code.

For example, discussions of PowerSDR issues that use Windows 7 beta,
even with the current released PowerSDR, can also be very misleading
about the stability and ease of use of the straight everything-released
configurations.  If you're not computer savvy enough to know what
Windows 7 is, and remember its beta status at the time a particular
message was written, you could easily get the wrong impression -- even
many months later while searching the forum archives after Windows 7 is
released.

Same with the use of unsupported, but released, OSes.  It may work on
Windows 7 or Mac OS or Linux/Wine, but they're not in the "PowerSDR
Operating System Compatibility Statement", so they should be classed
Experimental.

The "Flex Radio" is a combination of the Flex-xxxx hardware, the
PowerSDR software, the PC OS, and any other components (like VAC,
ddutil, etc.)  If any of these are not released and supported versions,
I think any discussion of that configuration should be categorized as
experimental.

IMHO, the "Experimental Group" isn't a group of *people*.   It's a group
of all *system configurations* that contain any unreleased or
unsupported components.

/Jack K3FIV