I built my first computer (age 61 yrs old, I add)  a couple of years ago, based
upon Neal's mid price model at that time.  Built if for about 1/2 that cost.
Quad core AMD processor is probably all I will ever need with my FLEX 3000.
Blazing fast!!!

Now, let me describe the word "build."  It is nothing more than assembling
parts - kinda like the adult version of building a tinker-toy model.  You can
find dozens of "how-to-build-your-own desktop" videos on YouTube.  I thought -
"if I am truly a "Ham," and built radios (remember soldering?) when i was
young, I can do this today."  Took about 3-4 hrs of assembling components -
which means screwing or sliding a few parts into a box and connecting the
wires.  Not much more to it.    Neal actually encouraged me to do this - which
was great of him!  Thanks, bud.

Then I had Neal do the thing he does best - "tune" the computer for speed and
digital mode use.  That was "cheap oil," imho and what he enjoys most.  He
remotely connected to my computer after I downloaded a piece of software that
enabled it.  My mouse scurried around the screen at Neal's command.  Now - I
did not really learn much through this, but the rig was on the and working in
abt 1-1/2 hrs.

Have fun and learn something new.

W1KON , Konrad

PS:  If you're going to just buy a desktop, get the fastest processor you can
with a lot of memory.  I7 is what I would buy today.
- - -