I think I found my answer and you guys were right...
Quote: "The headphone circuitry in the FLEX-5000 uses Output Coupled Load (OCL)
amplifier with a 2.5V bias."

Headphone requirements for the Flex 5000

That sucks, love my earbuds, they're so much better due to weight, but don't
really want to mess around adding a capacitor.

Thanks,Mike KF9AF