Norman Vine wrote:

> Christian Mayer writes:
> >Geoff McLane wrote:
> >>
> >> My exe crashed on ada and just 'sat' on the runway
> >> in 'balloon'. But with magic the system soared.
> >
> >Well, the balloon lacks one significant thing for an FDM: enable the
> >"plane" to move around. The balloon model works nicely for raising and
> >sinking (just give full throttle...), but as I wrote it I didn't have a
> >clue how to change my horizontal position (and still haven't got one).
>
> Well if you just wanted to drift with the wind and be 'cheesy'
> you could use the simgear direct geodetic solver to get a new lat lon
> based on current position speed and course

The drifting is moddeled correctly and returnes me a "displacement" in
meters in the north-south and east-west axis (so it'S easy to convert
that to a direction and a distance). So all I need is a function that
takes the current position in WGS84 and my displacement and returns me a
new WGS84 position.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand the input parameters of the
geo_direct_wgs_84 function, so it might be that that's the right one - I
just don't know.

CU,
Christian

--
The idea is to die young as late as possible.        -- Ashley Montague

Whoever that is/was; (c) by Douglas Adams would have been better...