> Geoff McLane wrote:
> > When running your fgfs.exe the log ends abruptly with
> > ********* Before globals->saveInitialState()
> ... first thing ... is "delete initial_state;" but initial_state ... 0
> Q Can you delete a NULL pointer?
> A ... deleting a pointer with a value of zero...
>  is guaranteed to be harmless." (ibid., Page 499)

Wow? What is programming about?

It should not be a question as to whether it is ok to
delete a null! Any allocator/deallocator of memory
can or may not have such 'testing' before commitment ...
entirely implementation dependant.

You programmed the machine - you 'know' if it is the 1st
time thru, or an iteration - clean up your own mess.
Do not trust the 'compiler' to do what you want!!!
Write what you want in code ...

A function should not conceptually begin with, well I
better try to clean up what I didn't clean up before,
before I start ...

Even if(p) delete p; is horrific if you do not know
what is in p! As mentioned msvc debug will fill
an unitialised class ptr p with a value cdcdcdcdcd!

Like the man who took his dog for a walk, only to
find out he did not have a dog :-))
Its ok, I'll just delete him that does not exist!

I really look forward to an exe update I can try.

I have now had a chance to try a few other FDM's,
and am now totally sold on 'magic'. This is 'flying'.
--fdm=magic

My exe crashed on ada and just 'sat' on the runway
in 'balloon'. But with magic the system soared.

For the very first time I saw sustained fps rates in
excess of - dare I say it - 20s+. Fluid js actions ... the
works. Those of you who have machines that do this
all the time must be bored with my whining about
'stuttering' ... sorry.

There is a GREAT flight simulator here, but how
to make it 'co-operatively' work on the current pc
system it is running in?

A step closer we hope ...

rgds,

Geoff.