On Sunday, March 17, 2002, at 09:53 AM, Jon Berndt wrote:

>> Some of the other XML files are rather easy to figure out (i.e,.
>> keyboard.
>> xml), but others are not (i.e., the FDM specific files).  Does anyone
>> have
>> anything written that describes these?  The materials.xml file has quite
>> nice description at the top.
>
> Can you let us know what is unclear in the FDM files so we can write up a
> better explanation?

I think this is more along the lines of my not what is important to each
FDM when it comes to configuration.  If I wanted to configure a Boeing 707
model by modifying a 747 model, what is needed for each FDM type?  When I
look in YASim, I see quite a bit of information, but I don't know what it
pertinent.  What does it mean to add or remove an engine to the various
FDMs?  How do I define the characteristics of an engine?  All of these
questions come about because I am unfamiliar with how the FDMs are put
together and how they work.

My documentation effort is driven by my lack of understanding on how
things work, and my assumption that I am not the only one ;)  On that
topic, I have some updates to the preferences.xml documentation

http://homepage.mac.com/eq_fidget/FG_Dox/preferences_xml.html

Thanks for the info,

Jonathan Polley